Thursday, April 7, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane

I am in full trip planning mode since we leave on Saturday for our weekend getaway to California. I’m super nervous about flying with Joanna since she is in the middle of a teething nightmare. I believe she is cutting two in front and two molars but she won’t let me get a good look in her mouth so I’m not positive. Our plane also has to make a stop in Long Beach before heading to San Jose so that adds 45 min to the flight. We didn’t buy her a set to save money but I’m kind of regretting that decision. I hope maybe they will have some extra sets so that we can bring her car seat onboard. This is my game plan….

1.)    Feed Joanna her breakfast. Our flight leaves around 7:45am which is breakfast time so I’m really crossing my fingers we can hold her off till we get on the plane.
2.)    I have crayons, paper, and stickers I hope this last at least 30 min
3.)    I also bought pipe cleaners since I read kids her age seem to be fascinated by them so hopefully that last around 20 min
4.)    During the stop I hope that maybe Hubs is able to get up with her and maybe let her walk around a bit. This will also be Mommies regroup time. The Hubs is a ton of help don’t get me wrong but Momma carries most of the weight/stress and I have a totally Mommy’s Girl!
5.)    Story time- My girl loves books!
6.)    DVD- Best of Elmo 2 is still the only video she will watch for more than 5min. She will actually watch the whole 45min video over and over again. I just not to sure how this is going to work since she wont keep headphones on and I can’t just turn the volume way up.

Well I hope it goes well and Joanna stays a happy girl. I also hope I’m able to stay calm since I know she feeds off our emotions.

P.S. - I am bringing Benadryl but I will only use it if we’re desperate. I’m not big on drugging my kid up plus I don’t want her to be all groggy when we get there and she can’t even play with her cousin.


No comments:

Post a Comment