Friday, April 1, 2011

Water for Elephants

Sorry I haven’t blog all week. I’ve had my head buried in a book. All of you that know me now that I’m a total Twilight nerd so when I saw the preview for Robert Pattinsons new movie I knew I had to read the book. I’m so glad I did and it was a very easy read which wins huge points in my book. I don’t have the greatest reading comprehension so if I have to look up words in the dictionary or read a page numerous times to get what’s going on I lose interest. I haven’t read many books in my adult life because of this so easy reads are best for me. Parts of this book were very emotional for me because he’s telling his story as a 93 year old man in a nursing home. My 92 year old Grandmother died recently so the way the author describes his life in the nursing home is eerily fresh in my mind. Overall the book is just a sweet love story. None of the elements are missing it has anger, sadness, envy, longing and love. So… if you’re on the look out for your next good read pick up Water of Elephants by Sara Gruen and also leave a suggestion for me. I don't know what I should read next.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my God, I just finished this book about 2 weeks ago. It was AMAZING!! Came very highly recommended to me from several sources--and boy, it sure lived up to its reputation! Definitely a page turner.

    ReplyDelete