Friday, February 18, 2011

Heavier Things

Warning this is an emotional post.

Romans 14:8For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.

Some of you may now this but we lost my Grandma last week 2-9-11. When ever anyone close to you dies the pain is beyond words. I am deeply saddened that Joanna will not remember her Great Grandma. My Grandma's middle name is Joanne and always went by the name Jo. Joanna(Jo) is named after her and Mike's Grandma June. This name sake is so special to us because these women mean the world and we loved them dearly.

Grandma lived a full amazing life. 91 years, 2 children, 7 grandchildren, 16 great grandchildren, and numerous others that called her mom, grandma etc. She touched the lives of so many people. Everyone handles death differently. Since she had this full amazing life and oddly because she passed on Joanna's first birthday I feel pretty okay. I don't feel that she was taken away too soon. I don't feel robbed of my Grandma. Yes, I'm sad and miss her already but I'm excited that she's in a better place. I'm excited to Joanna about her amazing Great Grandma. How special she is to be named after her. How special she is that she was able to let go of life after seeing her on her first birthday. I'll be able to tell Joanna that she laid in her bed and despite pain saw Joanna and reached out to hold her. Tears run down my face as I type this not just because it's sad but because it's AMAZING.

I will honor her memory everyday. I will thank God for the gift of life. I will thank Him for giving us all this time with her.


Joanna's Birthday 2/9/10

Joanna and Great Grandma playing

Joanna's the last day she saw Great Grandma 2/9/11

1 comment:

  1. Julie, I had no idea your grandmother passed. My deepest symapthies, but you're right to feel as you do. She lived a full life, and now the natural cycle has closed. That's a happy thing, and a true thing. Joanna is very lucky to have been named after your grandmother. She will help her memory and spirit live on!

    Love,
    Shari
    P.S. Thanks for listing me on your blogroll! I'll have to do the same on mine. I forgot how to change those links, so as soon as I re-figure it out, I'll add you! :-)

    ReplyDelete