Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Relationships

Do you ever feel like your relationships with people are inappropriate?

How do you change your relationship with someone?

I've been asking myself these questions a lot lately. I have yet to find an answer. I feel like I want closer relationships with some people and I want to distance myself from others. The thing that makes this so hard is that everyone has a different idea about what an appropriate should be. I want to strive to have good, healthy, and strong relationships with my family and friends. Relationships where there are clear boundaries. I want to stop myself from crossing these lines with others and get the same in return. I feel like people are crossing these lines with me and in an attempt to keep people behind the line I've ruined relationships. I don't feel like people respect my wishes. They don't respect the kind of family my husband and I want to build. I know that most of you know that when you become a parent everything changes. Your whole view of the world is different. I want my daughter to be surrounded by these good relationships. I want her to know that I'm her Mother not her best friend. I want her to know that it's not okay for people to cross over her comfort zone. This issue is such a struggle for me. I'm open to some advise.

No comments:

Post a Comment