Friday, March 18, 2011

Disconnected

I’ve been feeling very disconnected with Joanna this past week. I think it’s mostly because I’m unhappy with her daycare at the moment. Since I can’t seem to put it all into words the bottom line is that her teacher is only there from 8-5. I don’t get to talk to her when we drop Joanna off nor when we pick her up since we work the same hours. I just don’t feel like I know what is happening in her day. Is she happy? Did she eat well? Did she interact during group activities? All these things that I want to hear from her teacher. I do get a piece of paper everyday that vaguely describes her day but it’s just not enough for me. When Joanna was in the infant room we would talk to her teachers for like 15-20min in the morning and the evening. Joanna was always happy when we picked her up and all was dandy.

Well…the past two weeks have not been like this at all! We drop her off in the infant room since her teacher isn’t there yet and we pick her up in the infant room since her teacher is already gone. We still have nice conversations with the infant teachers but they just don’t know how she was all day in the toddler room. Joanna also doesn’t seem happy when we pick her up. It might just be because she’s really tired but I don’t like that the second she sees us it’s like she falls apart. It also makes for a very long 45 min commute home. I don’t know maybe this is just mom guilt and it’s all in my head. I’m just super worried about my little Bug. Tonight calls for lots of extra snuggle time!

No comments:

Post a Comment